Private House, Cheshire
Conversion of a former Methodist Chapel to a modern 3 bed family home. Stages: Concept, Planning, Building Regulations and Site Supervision
A Grade II Listed former Methodist Chapel built in 1816 which had undergone partial remodelling over the years as a children’s nursery. Our brief was to retain the spacious nature of the original chapel and to accommodate renewable technologies in order to reduce heating and hot water costs. We stripped the property back to the original shell and installed under floor heating, high performance natural insulation to walls, floor and ceilings, sun-pipes and a ground source heat system. Many of the original features were retained (or re-exposed) and restored including beautiful timber screens and original pews. The former main chapel space is now a spectacular living space beneath a high roof lit on two sides by replacement stained glass windows.